Email address input
Use this pattern when you need to ask users for their email address.
Note: State clearly what their email address will be used for.
Below you will find a General Email Address you can use, along with the code needed to build this element.
Explain the rationale of requesting for users’ email address
This allows users to:
- Feel assured that their email address will not be misappropriated
- Choose which email address they prefer to use
Make sure it works for all users
- Your field text should accommodate the maximum length of email addresses (256 characters long, including punctuation)
Guide users to enter their email address
Make it easier for users by:
- Allowing them to copy and paste their email address
falseso that their email addresses are not spell checked by the browser or device
autocompleteattribute so that browsers can fill in their email address if they have entered it previously
- You will need to include the
autocompleteattribute to meet WCAG 2.1 AA for production.
Can't find a component?
Let us know what you need and we’ll be happy to look into it